Seared Lamb Chops with Anchovies, Capers and Sage
- 4-6 lamb loin chops depending on how hungry you are
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 anchovy fillets
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 15 sage leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3-4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- lemon wedges for serving
- Pat the lamb chops dry and season them well with salt and pepper. Let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Over medium high heat, warm a skillet (I use cast iron) large enough to hold all of the chops in one layer. Add the oil and when it shimmers add the anchovies and capers. Cook, stirring, until the anchovies break down, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange the chops in the skillet and fry, without moving them, until brown, about 3 minutes. Turn them over and toss the sage leaves and pepper flakes into the pan. Cook until the lamb reaches the desired done-ness, about 2 minutes for medium rare.
- Arrange the chops on a platter, add the garlic to the pan and cook for just one minute. Spoon the sauce over the lamb and serve with the lemon wedges.