Parmesan & Chipotle Popcorn
This recipe is adapted from Ina Garten’s new book Cooking for Jeffrey (maybe I should write a book called Cooking for Rob). I love that it’s delicious and easy – it’s also a great match for our Bubbly. It’s fun to serve non-fancy food with sparkling wine as it reminds us that we shouldn’t reserve the bubbles just for special occasions. In fact, I often refer to Bubbly as “our everyday sparkler.” Go ahead and drink it today, just because. In the book Ina uses microwave popcorn, but I prefer to pop mine on the stove the old fashioned way.
- About 6 cups popped popcorn still hot
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons good quality coarse grain salt like Fleur de Sel
- Toss the hot popcorn with the butter. Then add the cheese, chili powder and salt. Toss well and serve immediately.
- Of course, the ratio of the cheese, chili powder and salt can all be varied to your taste. I also like this with Ancho Chili Powder or Aleppo Pepper – the possibilities are endless!
Leave a Reply